Pages

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Ups and Downs




First of all, I would like to thank each of you who have sent me Christmas cards and offerings. I am overwhelmed by your love and generosity. Thank you so much! 

Life and ministry have been like a roller coaster ride lately. Up and down you go, feeling as if you are about to lose your stomach. We've had people leave the church, then come
back. We've had illness and hospital visits. Near death experiences, even. My associate's son, Saul, has been in and out of the hospital with kidney infections. He has been so ill, he has not been able to be in school much. His parents are waiting on test results on why his kidneys keep getting affected. My son-in-law John and my daughter Rebecca who work with me, have been talking on and off to Luis and Mary about homeschooling because of this. A young lady who was in our church as a teen took an enormous amount of pills with alcohol trying to end her life. Within one day of her mother having to decide to 'pull the plug' on life support, she became awake. Many people were praying for Teresa during this time. I was able to visit with her for five minutes here and there. In those five minutes, I prayed for her and talked to her about getting back in church and letting the Lord take control of her life. She is home now and, as far as I know, she will be able to lead a normal life. Second chances don't come like this often. We are fervently praying not only for physical healing, but spiritual healing as well. 

My family has not been exempt from sickness. We were dropping like flies with a terrible cold. It has taken weeks to recover. Now that I don't have a cold, I have other health issues that are on-going and are at the forefront of my mind. Ever since the El Paso VA received a bad rating last year, I have had doctors appointments one right after another. Health concerns I have been telling my doctor about suddenly seemed to matter and I found myself having appointments for by back, my brain (for memory), and even for my 'psyche'. I had mentioned to my doctor that my back problems made me a bit depressed, and before I knew it, I had an appointment with a VA psychologist. She declared me 'just fine' after talking with her. Amen. I've had cat-scans and MRI's. Appointments with a neurologist. Physical therapy, which was very painful and did not help. On Monday (January 26), I have another cat-scan. On Tuesday, I am going to have a shot in my back that will hopefully help with pain level for three months. I am to avoid pain medication for a few days. I had not realized how much pain I was in and the intensity of my back problems until I came off the pain medication. Pray for me. I have a few days left without much 'help'. I have a TENS machine that I use that is alleviating pain a bit. 

Prayer Requests:
1) The health of our church - both physically and spiritually 
2) My health - Pray that the shot will work for me and relieve the pain in my back
3) The health of my family - It seems that we all get well, then have another round of the cold return. We are all feeling weak and struggling to regain momentum. 
4) Teresa - who really needs the working of the Holy Spirit in her life
5) My associate, Luis, and his family - He is working hard in the church and is a faithful servant of the Lord. I do not know what I would do without him. He is also trying to take care of his family. His son, Saul, has kidney infections. His other son, David, has adenoid problems, and his wife, Mary, has frequent lymph node flare ups. His daughter, Rebecca who is the youngest, is the strongest one of the bunch! 

May God richly bless you for your continued support and prayers! 


Romans 8:26 
Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

No comments:

Post a Comment